Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Wallpaper Removal...


I'm surprised how cigarette smoke can cling to the walls and carpet even no one has been smoking in the vacant house for a whole year. We didn't realize that the house was owned by chain smoker until our neighbour told us. We thought that our house didn't smell too bad, except in the entryway. However, when we starting ripping drywall down, I could swear that someone was smoking right behind it. It is disgusting especially since we are both asthmatics.

(Smoker man from the X-Files)

Here is a picture of me last winter starting the de-wallpapering process to help speed up the anti-smoke smell. (Check out the 80's glam window coverings. Gorgeous..haha :).

During the de-wall papering process, Andrew left on my own. It was late at night and I was using this wallpaper gel. You wipe the blue goop on the wall and let it sit and then it comes off easily. Unfortunately to my horror, late at night, this started to come through the wallpaper. Can you see the "Hi Dear"? It scared the crap out of me. I took a picture of it to show Andrew so he would be believe me.


As of this week, we are almost done the bathroom 100%. Last night we added the toilet paper holder, towel holder and hooks (instead of a towel rack). The last part is my makeup/getting ready area. I just can't decide if I want a floating shelf, a glass/lucite console table with a ghost chair, or black salon shelf or a floating shelf. Is it weird to have a salon shelf in your washroom? I think it is fun and surprising....

No comments:

Post a Comment